Terms and Conditions for bookings
1. The Melfort Club (the Company) acts entirely as a Booking Agent of holiday accommodation owned by members of The Melfort Club.
2. Formation of Contract: A binding Contract between those renting Melfort Owners’ weeks and the Owner of those weeks shall be entered into with The Melfort Club by issuing the Booking Confirmation Invoice as an Agent.
3. Booking: A booking is accepted when you receive a Booking Confirmation Invoice. If the details on the Booking Confirmation are not correct, you should contact The Melfort Club immediately.
4. Reservations: Will only be accepted on receipt of the signed and completed acceptance slip at the bottom of the Booking Confirmation Invoice & upon payment of the required deposit of £100 per week of accommodation. You may pay the total cost of the booking any time up to eight weeks before the start date of your holiday – if payment is not received within this time, we reserve the right to cancel the booking without refunding your deposit.
5. Booking within eight weeks of your holiday: If you book within eight weeks of the start of your holiday, the whole cost of the holiday accommodation, together with a signed & completed acceptance slip at the bottom of the Booking Confirmation Invoice, must be received within five days of the telephoned or written booking. Payment may be made by cheque (with bankers card number), debit card, postal order or cash.
6. Cancellations: Cancellations may be advised by telephone, but must be confirmed in writing or by Fax. Bookings cancelled more than eight weeks before the confirmed date of arrival, result in a full loss of deposit. Cancellations made within eight weeks of the start date of your holiday will result in the loss of all monies paid. We recommend that you arrange suitable holiday cancellation insurance.
7. Arrival and Departure: Your cottage will be available from 5.00 pm on the date of arrival. If you arrive earlier in the day, you are welcome to use the Club’s facilities whilst your Cottage is being prepared. On the day of departure, you are required to vacate your cottage by 10.00 am at the latest, so we may prepare the Cottage for the next guests.
8. Facilities: Whilst membership of our Club facilities is included in the holiday, charges are made for certain facilities.
9. Accuracy of Detail: Whilst information given in our brochure is accurate at the time of going to press – changes may have been made in the accommodation or facilities described, over which we have no control. Cottage details may vary slightly from those described, as not all of our cottages are identical. If any significant or long term changes are made, we will inform you at the time of booking.
10. The Melfort Club reserves the right to provide alternative, but equivalent accommodation as booked, if necessary.
11. Pets and Animals: Dogs, cats and other pets are allowed, but the responsibility of their behaviour is entirely that of those using the accommodation and the Melfort Club disclaims any responsibility for their behaviour, including damage by animals and pets within the cottages. There is an additional charge of £30 per pet, per week.
12. Breakages: Guests undertake to keep the property in the same state of repair and condition in which it was found at the commencement of the holiday. All breakages must be reported and will be invoiced at the end of the week’s let.
13. Electricity: Guests agree to pay all metered electricity charges before departure.
14. Occupancy: The number of people occupying the Cottage must not exceed the number of sleeping spaces stated: in the event that extra bedding is supplied then this will be charged as an extra.
15. Participation in all recreational activities is the responsibility of the participant: We take all due care and attention to ensure that our sporting and leisure equipment is in first class condition, but we cannot accept any liability with regard to injury, permanent or otherwise of the participants during any activities on the Club grounds.
16. Complaints: We aim to provide you with the best holiday possible, but in the event of any complaint, we do ask that you bring it to the attention of the Melfort Club management in order that the matter can be resolved immediately.
17. Insurance: Holiday Cancellation Insurance – we strongly recommend that you take out some form of insurance against unexpected cancellation of your holiday.