Terms and Conditions for bookings
1. The Melfort Club Limited (TMCL) acts entirely as a Booking Agent Booking Agent of holiday accommodation on behalf of the Melfort Club or its individual members..
2. When you book a property with TMCL, acting as Agent for the member concerned, you enter directly into a contract with the member. The person named on the Booking Form (the party leader) agrees to take full responsibility for ensuring that the following Conditions of Let are adhered to by all members of the party. The party leader agrees to limit the number of people occupying the property to that stated in the brochure/website, unless by prior consent from TMCL
3. Reservations: A reservation is made on receipt of a £100 deposit per week of accommodation or full payment if the booking is within eight weeks of the check in date (see point 6). .
4. Confirmed booking: Your booking is confirmed and a contract entered into when you receive a Booking Confirmation email or Letter. If the details on the Booking Confirmation are not correct, you should contact TMCL immediately. Any subsequent amendments made by either party must be confirmed in writing.
5. Payment of Balance: The balance is payable eight weeks before the start date of your holiday – failure to pay the balance of rental charges by the due date will result in cancellation of the booking without refunding your deposit.
6. Booking within eight weeks of your holiday: For bookings within eight weeks of the start date, the whole cost of the holiday accommodation, together with a signed & completed acceptance slip from the Booking Confirmation Letter, must be received within five days of the date on the Booking Confirmation Letter.
7. Online Bookings: When you submit a booking request via our online reservation system you will receive an automatically generated booking request summary by email to the email address you provide in the booking form. This does not form a contract between us. A contract is entered into when your booking request is subsequently confirmed in writing via a Booking Confirmation Letter sent to you by post or email.
8. Cancellations: This clause does not apply to any cancellations due to government public health measures for Covid- 19, which is covered by clause 8.1. Cancellations must be confirmed in writing. Bookings cancelled more than eight weeks before the start date, result in a full loss of deposit. Cancellations made within eight weeks of the start date will result in the loss of all monies paid. If the accommodation is re-let at the full rate, a full refund, less an administration fee of £25 per week, will be made. We strongly recommend that you arrange suitable holiday cancellation insurance.
8.1. Cancellations due to government public health measures for Covid-19: If you have to cancel your booking because UK government public health measures imposed as a result of the Covid19 pandemic mean it is unlawful to travel to or to make use of the accommodation you booked, you may choose to:
(i) transfer your booking to a later date free of any administration charges, subject to availability – you will have to pay any difference in price if the cost of the new booking is higher or be reimbursed the difference if the cost of the new booking is lower;
(ii) request a voucher with a redemption value equal to the amount previously paid by you for the booking – the voucher terms and conditions will be available to you before you make your choice under this clause; or
(iii) obtain a refund of the amount already paid by you for the booking, less any administrative costs which we incur in processing your refund.
You will have to contact us in order to access these options.
8.2. Part Cancellations. If any person(s) in your party needs to cancel, this will not affect the total cost of your booking. No refunds are payable in the event that you cut short your stay.
9. Arrival and Departure: Entry to your accommodation is from 5.00 pm on the date of arrival. On the day of departure, you are required to vacate your cottage by 10.00 am at the latest.
10. Pets and Animals: Dogs, cats and other pets are permitted (maximum two) but must be kept under strict control at all times. The party leader accepts responsibility for their behaviour and liability for any damage caused. There is an additional charge per pet, per week. (Please see our Pet Policy)
11. Pets and Animals: Dogs, cats and other pets are allowed, but the responsibility of their behaviour is entirely that of those using the accommodation and the Melfort Club disclaims any responsibility for their behaviour, including damage by animals and pets within the cottages. There is an additional charge of £5 per pet, per night, included in this cost is a doggie welcome pack to make their stay extra special. Please enquire with Reception regarding other pets.
12. Breakages, Loss or Damage: Guests undertake to respect and look after the property and to leave it in a clean and tidy condition at the end of their stay. Guests undertake to minimise the fire risk and to keep the property secure when absent or sleeping. All breakages must be reported and will be invoiced at the end of the period of let.
13. Facilities: Temporary use of the TMCL facilities is included for the contracted holiday period only. Charges are made for certain facilities. Participation in all recreational activities is the responsibility of the participant. TMCL or the member cannot accept any liability with regard to injury, permanent or otherwise of the participants during any activities on the Club grounds.
14. Accuracy of Detail: Information given in our brochures and website is accurate at the time of publication although from time to time, changes may be made to the accommodation or facilities described. If any significant or long term changes are made, we will endeavour to inform you at the time of booking.
15. Unavailability of Accommodation: Should the accommodation, subsequent to booking, become unavailable through any cause, the liability of both TMCL and the member is limited to the repayment of any rent already paid. TMCL reserves the right to provide alternative, but equivalent accommodation as booked, if necessary.
16. Access to Property: TMCL will be allowed access to the property and its environs at all reasonable times, for purposes of maintenance/cleaning.
17. Complaints: TMCL aims to provide you with an enjoyable holiday, but in the event of any complaint, we ask that you bring it to the attention of TMCL as soon as possible.
18. 17. No Smoking Policy: Smoking is strictly prohibited within all our properties and public communal areas.