Melfort Cottage is a semi-detached two-storey cottage forming part of the west section of a charming courtyard in the centre of the Village and enjoying a view over the paddock and to the river and hills beyond. Set in a large triangle of garden at the front, (shared with Melfort Lodge), at the rear of the building, Melfort Cottage shares a peaceful lawn courtyard garden with central flower bed and garden seating flanked on the other two sides by the Stables and Haybarn Cottages. Car-parking is in front of the building.
Enter on the ground floor into a small hallway leading to a compact kitchen (with oven, hob, fridge with icebox, microwave & dishwasher) overlooking the garden; sitting room/dining area with wood-burning stove (equipped with two single sofa beds for occasional guests, CTV, DVD); A staircase leads from the hallway upstairs to the bathroom (with bath, over-bath shower, w.c. & wash-hand basin), and a spacious twin bedroom with views over the gardens.
Facilities in brief
- Open plan sitting room/dining area
- Wood-burning stove
- TV with Sky Freeview, DVD, CD or Ipod dock
- Spacious twin bedroom with Zip n Link beds (to double on request)
- 2 single sofa beds (in sitting room)
- Bathroom with bath, over bath shower, wc & basin, under floor heating
- Large shared garden plus shared Courtyard garden