Melfort Lodge is a semi-detached two-storey cottage forming part of the west section of a charming courtyard in the centre of the Village and enjoying a view over the paddock and to the river and hills beyond. Set in a large triangle of garden at the front, (shared with Melfort Cottage), at the rear of the building, Melfort Lodge shares a peaceful lawn courtyard garden with central flower bed and garden seating flanked on the other two sides by the Stables and Haybarn Cottages. To make the most of the views, the sitting room is upstairs with the kitchen/dining room downstairs . Car-parking is at the gable end of the building.
Enter into a large hallway on the ground floor leading to a very spacious open plan kitchen/dining area (with oven, hob, fridge, freezer, microwave & dishwasher); bathroom (with bath, over-bath shower, w.c. & wash-hand basin), two twin bedrooms. A staircase leads from the kitchen upstairs to the wood-clad sitting room with wood-burning stove where you can enjoy the views over the village through the large picture window (equipped with a double sofa bed for occasional guests, CTV, DVD); double bedroom with en-suite shower room (walk-in shower cubicle, w.c & wash hand basin).
Facilities in brief
- Spacious kitchen/dining area
- Sitting Room upstairs with wood-burning stove
- Bathroom with over-bath shower
- 3 bedrooms - 1 double, 2 twin (zip'n'link to double on request)
- Master bedroom with en-suite shower room
- Double sofa bed (in sitting room)
- TV with Sky Freeview, DVD, CD or Ipod dock
- Large shared garden plus shared Courtyard garden